Thank you for signing the petition!
Here's three more things you can do to help make it easier to go solar in your town:
1. Spread the word and encourage your neighbors to sign the petition.
- Here’s a sample message you can send around:
It is twice as expensive to go solar in California than in many other developed places because local permitting requirements drive up the cost of going solar. Streamlining rooftop solar permitting can cut red tape and make it cheaper and easier for you and your neighbors to install solar panels and/or batteries. You can sign the petition to your local elected officials here: solarrights.org/solar-access-act-compliance-petition
2. Call your Mayor and ask them to streamline the process for installing solar panels in your town.
- Look up the phone number for your Mayor. This is a sample script you can modify as you see fit:
“My name is ___ and I live in ____. Please make it easier and cheaper for residents to install rooftop solar panels and batteries by streamlining the process for getting a solar permit in [City/County]. A new state law requires local governments to do this, and it’s the right thing to do.”
3. Schedule a quick call with our Advocacy & Development Director, Cailey Underhill, to take further action with your local leaders:
- Click here to schedule a call: https://solarrights.org/callwithcailey